Friday, July 3, 2009

Big Mouth

So, lately I've really confided a lot in the people at work when I have problems at work. It's not that I trust them, but they are just always there, and they're nosie so they normally listen. It's just that I don't have anyone at home that gives me that. I can't talk to my best friend because she's normally in bed in the time I have before I go to work, and I'm too tired to talk when I get home. Our schedules just don't allow us time to get together. My boyfriend just doesn't listen. Lately our lives revolve around him so when I talk to him, he doesn't care...
What brought this up? Yesterday I got my 90 day evaluation, and I told my manager how I get blaimed for things that this other girl does (and I said her name) well, he told me something stupid like our store doesn't discriminate, and it made me upset, then I got worried because I thought I might get this girl in trouble. So I seen one of the girls from the deli, and I told her about it, she was on break, and we were walking together, and I talked to her about it. She didn't seem like she really cared, but she never talks much but...man now I sound crazy thinking about how I'll just talk to the first person I know and spill my guts, but I have no one to talk to. I called Thunda on my break but he didn't want to talk, he was helping some friends move, but he said they were finished and that he'd be at the store before my break was over, so I called my best friend, but 30 minutes is just not long enough for us to talk about everything so I talked to the girl in the bakery about it, which she didn't make me feel 100% better, but it helped. Thunda doesn't understand how crazy my life is right now, and I don't think he really cares. He compared me to some crazy lady that randomly started talking to him in the store. So, I'm crazy because I'm trying to talk out my fustrations to people that aren't him. Maybe if he'd listen to me every once in a while I wouldn't have to talk to the girls at work about everything. Like I said, I really don't trust any of them, I just know something is going to bite me in the ass one day, but I don't really care. It feels good to get things off my chest and I've had a lot on my chest lately (but that's another blog post :)). Thunda told me I talk too much to other people, and really I've never been that way, but I've always had my good friends that listen to me all the time, and really he's all I have when I get off at the end of the day, and he's no help, so who do I turn to?...

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you've got craziness ensuing! I'm sorry we haven't been able to talk much lately, but hopefully now that insomnia is lifting we'll be able to talk more! Love ya bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dezzy, this undeniable urge or need to talk to co-workers at said place of employment, this is a syndrome that everyone (at least us) gets when working at said place of employment. I have noticed a desire to tell most everyone what is going on in my life. But mostly just the people at work! But the people I work with are all mostly great people to work with. The general environment at my store is great! It is laid back, when the manager isn't there, and everyone has a good time. I love working there, i just don't love what I am supposed to do there. And in my opinion, you should get your venting out where ever you can vent. Because it isn't healthy to keep it bottled up for the right momement when the right person can listen. And it isn't healthy that the right person WON'T listen. What I would do about that, may be a little unconventional, a little violent, and a little comical, but i would smack him around, shake my fist at him and say listen to me, care about what I think, how I feel, and what is going on in my life. He needs to know that you aren't just two people who share an apartment. You are two people who live TOGETHER. You love each other, and when you love each other, you talk to each other, about what is going on in your lives. BOTH of your lives.
    But heck, if all else fails, call or email me. I usually work 3:00-10:00 every day but Friday and Tuesday. I am off this Saturday (July 11, I turn the big 2-5). And I always check my email. You can talk to me, I listen. I might talk back, say something funny, make a joke or two (usually not very good ones) and I will talk alot about my nephew. But I love to listen!
    Anyways, I love ya and miss you all!
    -C

    ReplyDelete