Thursday, April 30, 2009

Easter/D.C.


So, I haven't had much time to write...again...School has been so crazy, then working isn't helping much. This past weekend I went to Washington D.C., but before I talk about that, I have to talk about my awesome Easter! It all started when we realized easter was here... So of course we went home, it's a must of course, and this year I was going to eat like there was no tomorrow! Last year I got the flu, and...well...let's just say that wasn't fun...at all! So, we had a great weekend, we got to spend quality time with both families, but the best part was coming home. I have to say, I have the best friends ever. we came in, and there was some note about our very own easter egg hunt, and two envelopes...well, thunda started looking for eggs, so neither of us finished reading the directions, but when we called Mrs. DQ (after finding all the eggs, then reading the riddles in the envelopes which revealved where our prizes were) she informed us that there were two prize eggs that we were supposed to find first...so the hunt was on again! we had so much fun. It was the best Easter surprise I've ever had, and we had so much fun, wich we don't do a lot anymore either. So then we were told there was something upstairs for us, and it was a "note from the cats" and it was awesome! So, thank you Mr. and Mrs. DQ. You're the best! So, now onto my D.C. trip. I didn't want to come back. It was everything I wanted in a city. A good history, good museums that are free, and you can walk everywhere! The people were so kind, and around the mall, people respected it so much. there were people walking thier kids in strollers at 11p at night, and felt comfertable. I felt so safe. My favorite part was the Lincoln Memorial. People sat on the steps and just talked, and it was so amazing looking upon this great sculpture. How I long to be back there on those steps enjoying the gentle breeze on a warm summer night. It was beautiful. We ate at China town with my Chinese professor, which was fun. He ordered in Chinese, and told the hostess thier food sucked...classic...just his personality. We laughed about it later when he told us what he said. "This my first time...and this my last time". He really made the trip...something...:) My new favorite museum(s) is the Smithsonian. I could just live in one. I saw a Leonardo Da Vinci...yes, that's right, I damn near put my nose to the glass (and got yelled at by a gaurd for it...to my defense...IT'S BEHIND A FRIGGIN GLASS!). It was beautiful. Nothing short of spactacular. I also got to see Van Gogh, Renior, Matisse, Rodin (the thinker!), and so many more! OOh, and I saw the hope diamond! And Dorothy's shoes! It was so incredible. I don't think anyone really wants to listen to me rant, so I won't continue too much longer.:) We stayed in the Hotel Harrington, which at first seemed wierd, but it's actually pretty cool. It was built in 1917, and still has that kind of look to it. It was fancy!:) we were only there long enough to sleep really, but it was cool. My friend wants to open a bakery, so we made sure to stop at a bakery while we were there. A cup cakery actually, and it was incredible!!! Red Velvet was the name, and everything is home made, and delicious! So, I highly recommend! well, that's all the awesomeness for now, I really needed a good feeling, so I thought I should blogg about these two special weekends of mine. I hope they will always over power all the stress in my life, like now, when life is dumb...yeah... (fin)

2 comments:

  1. You have now made me want to go to DC. I am so jealous! Really! I mean, really! I haven't had a really great life changing weekend in a long time. Now, I come home, and my feet hurt, I mean seriously! I could use a good trip somewhere!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol you were just like a little kid when you called me to say you found your eggs! It made me all giddy inside to know that I did something to give yall a good time! You know we should plan a trip to DC and you could be a tour guide and maybe even go for more than a weekend! That would rock!

    ReplyDelete