Monday, January 19, 2009

Wedding Dates

So ( I always start with "So") My best friend is getting married in two weeks. She's always wanted to be married, whether she'll admit it or not. She wasn't one of those girls with the whole wedding planned since she was 10, but it has been something she's always wanted. Well, with her getting married, it seems like that's all I hear, and I'm the only one that really knows that she's getting married in two weeks, but that's all I've heard today since she's told me, everyone has asked me "when are you and your boyfriend getting married?" I mean really, I've had quite a few people ask me today. Well more than usual by random friends, normally it's just my mom and grandma nagging me about it. Any how, here's the thing; me and my boyfriend have been together for going on five years, and in that time, I've gone through many fazes of wanting or not wanting marriage. At some points I was almost impatient, and wanted him to "shit or get off the pot" if you will. But then I've been on the complete other end of the scale, and I in no way shape or form wanted to marry him, or be married at all. Well, now I'm at a point in my life where that doesn't matter to me at all. All I'm worried about right now is getting my career and living life to it's fullest. Me and my boyfriend may be apart some time in the future, with me having to go an extra semester, and he'll probably have a job, then there's the chance that I decide to go away for grad school? So, right now I'm focused on doing good in school, and getting over this next hump in our relationship, which is long distance. I'm proud to say we've been together through it all, we've worked it out, and we're still here, but for now, I'm going to let life work itself out, and I'll be patient, and until we get to that point in our relationships, I'm going to take advantage of opportunities. But I am still excited for my friend. We've been friends for a long time, and she deserves the happiness that is coming to her. I mean, she does have me, I'll make sure she's happy or else!
And that's all I got to say about that...

3 comments:

  1. Ha Ha! I'm now following you! And all I'm going to say is "Hey! I resemble some of those remarks!" Hee-hee-hee awesome blog, keep it up girly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I didn't make you sound as crazy as you really are now did I! He!He!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what??? I really hope that the people I think you are talking about are the people I think. I think ... wait... I might be the crazy one here... I might just be losing it.

    ReplyDelete